Do You Pass this Web Checklist?
You have your new Website up and running, and are
ready to start bringing in sales.
Perhaps, you spent hours writing the copy yourself?
Or maybe you hired a big, Web company to design a site
with all the bells and whistles?
Either way, you are not finished:. unless, you
did this one, key step:
Did you have outsiders give you their opinions of the site?
After all, you are probably too close to it: and
you’ve spent so much time and effort (and maybe money)
preparing it, that you may miss some important errors.
With this in mind, have some outsiders and potential customers answer these
questions (and your Mom or spouse doesn’t count)!:
- What is the first thing you look at when you open the site?
- What does this business offer?
- Does the site provide a solution to your problem?
- What are you supposed to do when you visit the site? What is the call-to-action?
- If you want to purchase something, do you know what you are supposed to do?
- Is it easy to find what you need on the site?
- Does the site have too much going on, or is it easy to get the information you need?
- What did you like most about the site?
- What did you like least about the site?
- What suggestions do you have to add value this site?
Once you have a good collection of responses, review them carefully.
Are you surprised at the answers?
You may discover blatant mistakes and key data that you overlooked. And while
you may be disappointed, it’s great that you have this information.
Now, you can use this “insider” insight to help you create a site for your
customers that works. Once you make the changes and update your site,
run this test again.
Did your updates work?
If you receive the responses you are looking for, move forward with a big
launch for your site. But if information is still missing and potential customers
are not getting the value and data they are looking for, your site still needs
Take the time and effort to review what your customers want on a regular basis. Then, provide
the appropriate information they are looking for. After all, you may think you have a great
site, but if it doesn’t meet the needs of your target market, you don’t!
Yes, this may be time consuming. But think what will happen if you don’t take action.
Your site will not be the best it can be, and sales and site visitors will go to the competition.
Do you need help with a site review and search engine optimization to boost awareness, visitors and sales?
Please let me know here or at www.rembrandtwrites.com. I’ll tell it like it is!